WordPress Bible, 2nd Edition
Get the latest word on the biggest self-hosted blogging tool on the market
Within a week of the announcement of WordPress 3.0, it had been downloaded over a million times. Now you can get on the bandwagon of this popular open-source blogging tool with WordPress Bible, 2nd Edition. Whether you’re a casual blogger or programming pro, this comprehensive guide covers the latest version of WordPress, from the basics through advanced application development. If you want to thoroughly learn WordPress, this is the book you need to succeed.
- Explores the principles of blogging, marketing, and social media interaction
- Shows you how to install and maintain WordPress
- Thoroughly covers WordPress basics, then ramps up to advanced topics
- Guides you through best security practices as both a user and a developer
- Helps you enhance your blog s findability in major search engines and create customizable and dynamic themes
- Author maintains a high-profile blog in the WordPress community, Technosailor.com
- Tech edited by Mark Jaquith, one of the lead developers of WordPress
The WordPress Bible is the only resource you need to learn WordPress from beginning to end.
From the Back Cover
Master the blog platform of choice around the world
Whether you’re a casual blogger or programming pro, this detailed guide will help you get the very most out of the new version of the hottest blogging platform on the planet. A complete step-by-step reference, this book covers WordPress 3.1 from the basics through advanced application development. Learn how to use custom plugins and themes, build navigation menus on the fly with no coding, leverage the WordPress multisite API, and much more.
- Explore various Web servers and all modules, then install and configure the software
- Enhance your blog’s findability with SEO, keywords, and meta tags
- Create events with actions, apply hooks, and expand functionality with plugins
- Leverage Twitter widgets, the Facebook Like button, or other social media devices to extend your blog’s reach
- Integrate navigation menus with custom dynamic themes
- Set up WordPress as a Content Management System
- Build your own self-contained social network with BuddyPress
Visit www.wiley.com/go/wordpressbible2e for all of the author’s example files from the book.
- Install, configure, and manage WordPress
- Turn a blog into a social network
- Create a dynamic, full-fledged CMS
- Paperback: 744 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 2nd Edition (April 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470937815
- ISBN-13: 978-0470937815