Windows 8 Five Minutes at a Time
The perfect Windows 8 guide for today’s busy learners
Get more out of Windows 8 at your own pace with this great new guide that’s perfect for busy learners. Helpful information is presented in quick, easy-to-digest, individual tasks that you can read and learn in five minutes or less, per task. Boost your productivity with hundreds of smart techniques, which include step-by-step instructions, full-color screenshots, and plenty of practical tips and sidebars sprinkled throughout the book. The attractive design brings everything in clear focus and helps you quickly locate the information you need.
- Provides quick, five-minute nuggets of information to help you get more out of the Windows 8 operating system
- Covers the new user interface and all new features, as well as the basics
- Also includes step-by-step instructions, helpful sidebars, and screenshots to guide you through tasks and concepts
- Full-color, attractive design makes it easy for you to find what you’re looking for
Open Windows 8 in 5 Minutes, and you’re just five minutes away from getting more out of Windows 8.
From the Back Cover
You’re just five minutes away from learning more about Windows 8
Want to get up to speed on Windows 8 without a long, slow learning curve? You can, with this practical new guide. Basic how-tos and helpful techniques are presented so that you can absorb them in five minutes or less, per task. And that’s not all. You’ll also find dozens of quick fixes, colorful screenshots, and extra ways to be creative—a boatload of ideas that will make you more productive in Windows 8, fast.
jump in anywhere for:
- Good basic techniques, such as how to customize your desktop or connect to a Wi-Fi or mobile network
- Quick fixes to keep you on track, such as how to access the Help screen, preview a file in File Explorer, or control your privacy options
- Unique ways to be more creative, such as customizing the Start screen, changing your account picture, or planning a trip with the Windows 8 Travel app
- Smart ways to beat the clock and work faster—say, by logging into Windows 8 automatically or creating tiles to shut down or restart Windows
- A super Q & A section, when all else fails!
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Wiley (November 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118418646
- ISBN-13: 978-1118418642