Weddings: From Snapshots to Great Shots
Take control of your digital photography and learn the skills and techniques required to record once-in-a-lifetime events–weddings. This beautifully illustrated guide by pro photographer Suzy Clement will help you conquer the fundamentals and take authentic and memorable shots that capture the essence of the day.
Clement starts with the basics–exposure, metering, composition, lighting, depth of field, and motion blur and panning–and covers the key camera features that affect your image. She provides expert advice and techniques for each stage of the day, breaking down the demands into manageable portions, with advice on moments to watch for, must-have shots, and how to bring your own unique artistic expression to the event.
Follow along with this friendly and knowledgeable guide and you will:
- Understand how to create a schedule for the day’s photography, prepare for the shoot, and effectively scout the site before the wedding
- Learn tips for packing your bag, lens choices, lighting options, and working in black and white or color
- Find the story of the wedding day as it unfolds–getting dressed, the ceremony, bride and groom and group portraits, the reception, wedding details, guests, departure–and use your limited time effectively
- Master the techniques for organizing and presenting your images to the couple after the wedding, including editing down, categorizing images, and using online versus hard copy proofs
And once you’ve got the shot, show it off! Join the book’s Flickr group, share your wedding photos, and discuss how you used your camera at flickr.com/groups/weddingsfromsnapshotstogreatshots.
- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Peachpit Press (September 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321792653
- ISBN-13: 978-0321792655