The Facebook Guide for People Over 50
The Facebook guide for people over 50
People over 50 are the fastest-growing segment of the Facebook population, and they have some unique interests and concerns. This one-of-a-kind guide addresses issues of specific interest to older generations, helping them create a profile, connect with old friends and relatives, communicate with others, and maintain their safety online. If you’re among this group, you’ll find these tips and instructions will give you confidence and help you enjoy all that Facebook has to offer.
- People over 50 are joining Facebook in record numbers; an estimated 6 million such people are Facebook users
- This Facebook guide for people over 50 focuses on topics of particular interest to older generations, such as finding and connecting with relatives, friends from the past, former colleagues, and classmates
- Helps you set up your profile, find old and new friends, communicate with others through the site, and protect your privacy
- Facebook insiders contribute plenty of tips and ideas to make the Facebook experience more fulfilling
If you’re over 50 and already on Facebook or thinking of joining, The Facebook Guide For People Over 50 can help you make the most of the experience.
From the Back Cover
Get connected and start enjoying the world of Facebook
You’re older. You’re wiser. And if you’re ready to be more connected by joining Facebook, then this is the book for you. Written in short, clear chapters, this guide walks you through creating a profile and taking advantage of all of Facebook’s features. Veteran author Paul McFedries uses his informative-yet-easygoing writing style to show you how to connect with relatives, old friends, colleagues, and classmates. In addition, insider tips and proven best practices will help you make the most of your Facebook experience and, in turn, enhance your life!
- Keep up with the latest goings-on of family and friends
- Share photos with family and friends
- Discover new information about your favorite hobbies
- Make new friends who have similar interests and tastes
- Learn the Facebook lingo
Display and share your photos
Plan your next trip
Research fitness, hobbies, finances, and more
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Wiley (July 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470875178
- ISBN-13: 978-0470875179