SQL Server 2008 Transact-SQL Recipes
SQL Server 2008 Transact–SQL Recipes: A Problem–Solution Approach is an example–based guide to the Transact–SQL language that is at the core of SQL Server 2008. Learn to create databases, insert and update data, generate reports, secure your data, and more. Author Joseph Sack takes common Transact–SQL tasks and breaks them down into a problem/solution format that is quick and easy to read so that you can get the job done fast when the pressure is on.
- Focused on solutions: Look up what you need to do. Learn how to do it. Do it.
- Current: Newly updated for SQL Server 2008.
- Comprehensive: Covers 30 different Transact–SQL problem domains.
What you’ll learn
- Create databases, tables, and indexes.
- Query and manipulate data.
- Store and manage XML inside the database.
- Move business logic into the database.
- Encrypt data and capture changes for compliance purposes.
- Implement Full–Text Search.
- Interface with Service Broker.
- And more!
Who this book is for
Developers who use Microsoft SQL Server 2008 as their back–end database. Database administrators who create, manage, and secure those databases.
- Paperback: 872 pages
- Publisher: Apress (July 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1590599802
- ISBN-13: 978-1590599808