Railo 3: Beginner’s Guide
Railo Server is one of the quickest ways to start developing complex web applications online. Widely considered as the fastest CFML (ColdFusion Markup Language) engine, Railo allows you to create dynamic web pages that can change depending on user input, database lookups, or even the time of day.
Railo 3 Beginner’s Guide will show you how to get up and running with Railo, as well as developing your web applications with the greatest of ease. You will learn how to install Railo and the basics of CFML to allow you to gradually build up your knowledge, and your dynamic web applications, as the book progresses.
Using Packt’s Beginner’s Guide approach, this book will guide you, with step-by-step instructions, through installing the Railo Server on various environments. You will learn how to use caches, resources, Event Gateways and special scripting functions that will allow you to create webpages with limitless functionality. You will even explore methods of extending Railo by adding your own tags to the server and building custom extensions.
Railo 3 Beginner’s Guide is a must for anyone getting to grips with Railo Server.
What you will learn from this book:
- Step-by-step instructions for developing web sites with CFML
- Learn about all the resource types available and how to handle them
- Easy to follow steps to optimise your application for high traffic
- Create dynamic applications with the in-built Hibernate ORM
- Secure your server by setting up access restrictions and passwords
- Convert and display multimedia within your webpages
- Create your own extensions for custom functionality
Part of Packt’s Beginner’s Guide series, this book uses practical examples and screenshots to steadily guide the reader through setting up and using Railo.
Who this book is written for
If you want to develop your own dynamic web applications using CFML, then this book is for you. No prior experience with Railo or CFML is required, although you will be expected to have some web application development experience and knowledge of HTML.
- Paperback: 364 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (December 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849513406
- ISBN-13: 978-1849513401