Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic 2010, 5th Edition
Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic 2010, 5th Edition by the best-selling author, Diane Zak, is designed for a first course in programming. Using the most recent version of the software, Visual Basic 2010, this book teaches individuals how to use Visual Basic applications as they would in a real world setting. Students with no previous programming experience learn how to plan and create their own interactive Windows applications. GUI design skills and object-oriented programming concepts are emphasized throughout the book.
- Exercises identified as Introductory, Intermediate, Advanced, Discovery, and Swat The Bugs.
- Includes coverage of breakpoints and stepping through code.
- Designed for the different learning styles: videos for visual and auditory learners, and tutorial sections and YOU DO IT boxes for kinesthetic learners.
- May be purchased with Visual Basic 2010. Contact your sales representative for more information.
- SAM Test bank available.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. An Introduction to Visual Basic 2010
Chapter 2. Designing Applications
Chapter 3. Using Variables and Constants
Chapter 4. The Selection Structure
Chapter 5. More on the Selection Structure
Chapter 6. The Repetition Structure
Chapter 7. Sub and Function Procedures
Chapter 8. String Manipulation
Chapter 9. Arrays
Chapter 10. Structures and Sequential Access Files
Chapter 11. Classes and Objects
Chapter 12. Web Applications
Chapter 13. Working with Access Databases and LINQ
Chapter 14. Access Databases and SQL
Appendix A. Locating Syntax and Logic Errors
Appendix B. GUI Design Guidelines
Appendix C. Visual Basic Type Conversion Functions
Appendix D. Windows Presentation Foundation Forms
- Paperback: 896 pages
- Publisher: Course Technology; 5th Edition (April 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1111529434
- ISBN-13: 978-1111529437