Professional Workflow in SharePoint 2010: Real World Business Workflow Solutions
SharePoint MVPs offer practical WF4 guidance for SharePoint 2010 developers
With the new Workflow Foundation 4 (WF4) toolkit in SharePoint 2010, companies have new ways to build custom solutions for common or frequent business processes. This unique book is packed with instructions and tips that show you how. You’ll use WF4 to create and implement office-practical apps such as expense report approvals, RFPs, sale pipeline management, and more. The book also covers how to design custom activities with SharePoint Designer 2010.
- Explains how to build business solutions using the Workflow Foundation 4 toolkit in SharePoint 2010
- Shows even non-IT readers how to create and implement processes such as sales pipeline management, creating and managing RFPs, setting up a conference room scheduling solution across a multi-national company, and more
- Explores the basics vital to all process design: system analysis, researching requirements, and basic design considerations
- Includes a SharePoint 2007 template for Training and Scheduling; the book walks you through how to upgrade that to 2010 and extend it with new features
Create the processes your business needs with SharePoint 2010’s new Workflow 4 and this practical guide.
From the Back Cover
Build successful solutions to business challenges with SharePoint 2010
Although many organizations have embraced SharePoint, most just scratch the surface of its potential to provide comprehensive business process automation solutions—even though all the components are there to do so. Written by two SharePoint MVPs, this comprehensive guide shows you step by step how to build solutions to real-world problems using SharePoint 2010 and leverage the exciting new workflow capabilities Microsoft introduced in the platform. The authors dive into a variety of common challenges that companies face every day and explore them in great detail—while also offering specific instructions and screenshots—so you can confidently know when and how to use SharePoint Designer as well as Visual Studio.
Professional Workflow in SharePoint 2010:
- Presents an approachable and highly effective method for engaging with your end user community
- Empowers non-technical users to create simple but valuable business applications thereby freeing developers for more complex tasks
- Demonstrates ways to use SharePoint Designer to create a variety of top-notch solutions, including on-boarding, time off requests, helpdesk ticketing, and many more
- Shares ways to build custom actions using Visual Studio® to be integrated directly into SharePoint Designer
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (November 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470617888
- ISBN-13: 978-0470617885