Pro SharePoint 2013 Branding and Responsive Web Development
Pro SharePoint 2013 Branding and Responsive Web Development is the definitive reference on the technologies, tools, and techniques needed for building responsive websites and applications with SharePoint 2013. The book focuses on solutions that provide the best browser experience for the myriad of devices, browsers, and screen orientations and resolutions.
Pro SharePoint 2013 Branding and Responsive Web Development covers the following technologies:
- SharePoint 2013 Server Edition
- Office 365 SharePoint Online
- Expression Blend 2013
- Napa Tools for Office and SharePoint Development
- Visual Studio 2012
- HTML5 and CSS3
- SharePoint 2013 Client Object Model
What you’ll learn
Through the context of building a complete website on SharePoint 2013 from start to finish, readers will learn how to combine SharePoint 2013 web content management features and capabilities with modern web design and development skills. The key topics to be covered include:
- Design Manager – this new feature allows web designers and developers to build SharePoint branding templates using standard HTML and CSS and convert the templates to SharePoint master pages. This opens up branding to a wider audience of designers who struggled with having to understand the complexity of SharePoint and ASP.NET master pages.
- Client Object Model – this feature is based on web service technologies for interacting with server-side data from client-side. This feature has been extended significantly to support the new SharePoint application model, which heavily emphasizes client-side development. This book will provide full coverage of utilizing these updated web service technologies and how they can be used to build interactive websites.
- Device Channels – similar to the capabilities provided by HTML5 media queries, the new channels capability allows SharePoint to detect client devices and browsers to load the appropriate master page to provide a unique browser experience.
- Variations and Translation Services – SharePoint 2013 continues to improve features and capabilities for building multi-lingual sites including new support for integration with professional translation service providers, or automated translation web services.
- Term Set Navigation and SEO Improvements – SharePoint 2013 now provides native support for Search Engine Optimization requirements such as page meta fields, as well as a completely new approach to site navigation and human friendly URLs through the use of Managed Metadata navigation.
Who this book is for
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. What’s New in SharePoint 2013 Web Content Management
Chapter 2. Responsive Web Design and Development with HTML5
Chapter 3. Designing a Responsive Web Site
Chapter 4. Building a SharePoint HTML Master Page
Chapter 5. Making Your Master Page Responsive
Chapter 6. Building Site Structure and Navigation
Chapter 7. Building Page Layouts and Publishing Pages
Chapter 8. Publish Cross-Site Content with Catalogs
Chapter 9. Integrating Search-Driven Content
Chapter 10. Building Rich Interactive Forms
Chapter 11. Uploading and Working with Files
Chapter 12. Integrating Location-Based Features
Chapter 13. Integrating Feeds and Social Media
Chapter 14. Supporting Multilingual Web Sites
Appendix A. Configuring a Development Environment
- Paperback: 580 pages
- Publisher: Apress (June 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430250283
- ISBN-13: 978-1430250289