Pro SharePoint 2010 Search
Pro SharePoint 2010 Search gives you expert advice on planning, deploying and customizing searches in SharePoint 2010. Drawing on the authors’ extensive experience of working with real-world SharePoint deployments, this book teaches everything you’ll need to know to create well-designed SharePoint solutions that always keep the end-user’s experience in mind.
Increase your search efficiency with SharePoint 2010’s search functionality: extend the search user interface using third-party tools, and utilize analytics to improve relevancy.
This practical hands-on book is a must-have resource for anyone looking to unlock the full potential of their SharePoint server’s search capabilities.
Pro SharePoint 2010 Search empowers you to customize a SharePoint 2010 search deployment and maximize the platform’s potential for your organization.
What you’ll learn
- Design and implement effective search crawls and indexing
- Create intuitive user interfaces, and improve search findability
- Understand how to configure core SharePoint components
- Customize SharePoint’s existing search functionality
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at intermediate to advanced SharePoint administrators who want to incorporate well-designed search functionality into their sites.
Table of Contents
- Overview of SharePoint 2010 Search
- Planning Your Search Deployment
- Setting Up the Crawler
- Deploying the Search Center
- The Search User Interface
- Configuring Search Settings and the User Interface
- Working with Search Page Layouts
- Searching Through the API
- Business Connectivity Services
- Relevancy and Reporting
- Search Extensions
- Paperback: 520 pages
- Publisher: Apress (May 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430234075
- ISBN-13: 978-1430234074