Pro Hibernate and MongoDB
Hibernate and MongoDB are a powerful combination of open source persistence and NoSQL technologies for today’s Java-based enterprise and cloud application developers. Hibernate is the leading open source Java-based persistence, object relational management engine, recently repositioned as an object grid management engine. MongoDB is a growing, popular open source NoSQL framework, especially popular among cloud application and big data developers. With these two, enterprise and cloud developers have a “complete out of the box” solution.
Pro Hibernate and MongoDB shows you how to use and integrate Hibernate and MongoDB. More specifically, this book guides you through the bootstrap; building transactions; handling queries and query entities; and mappings. Then, this book explores the principles and techniques for taking these application principles to the cloud, using the OpenShift Platform as a Service (PaaS) and more.
In this book, you get two case studies:
- An enterprise application using Hibernate and MongoDB. then,
- A cloud application (OpenShip) migrated from the enterprise application case study
After reading or using this book, you come away with the experience from two case studies that give you possible frameworks or templates that you can apply to your own specific application or cloud application building context.
What you’ll learn
- How to use and integrate Hibernate and MongoDB to be your “complete out of the box” solution for database driven enterprise and cloud applications
- How to bootstrap; run in supported environments; do transactions; handle queries and query entities; and mappings
- How to build an enterprise application case study using Hibernate and MongoDB
- What are the principles and techniques for taking applications to the Cloud, using the OpenShift Platform as a Service (PaaS) and more
- How to build a cloud-based app or application (OpenShip)
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced Java, enterprise Java programmers who may have some experience with Hibernate and/or MongoDB.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Getting Started with Hibernate OGM
Chapter 2. Hibernate OGM and MongoDB
Chapter 3. Bootstrapping Hibernate OGM
Chapter 4. Hibernate OGM at Work
Chapter 5. Hibernate OGM and JPA 2.0 Annotations
Chapter 6. Hibernate OGM Querying MongoDB
Chapter 7. MongoDB e-Commerce Database Model
Chapter 8. MongoDB e-Commerce Database Querying
Chapter 9. Migrate MongoDB Database to Cloud
Chapter 10. Migrating RafaEShop Application on OpenShift
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Apress (July 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430257946
- ISBN-13: 978-1430257943