So, you’ve created a few projects with Arduino, and now it’s time to kick it up a notch. Where do you go next? With Pro Arduino, you’ll learn about new tools, techniques, and frameworks to make even more ground-breaking, eye-popping projects.
You’ll discover how to make Arduino-based gadgets and robots interact with your mobile phone. You’ll learn all about the changes in Arduino 1.0, you’ll create amazing output with openFrameworks, and you’ll learn how to make games with the Gameduino. You’ll also learn advanced topics, such as modifying the Arduino to work with non-standard Atmel chips and Microchip’s PIC32.
Rick Anderson, an experienced Arduino developer and instructor, and Dan Cervo, an experienced Arduino gadgeteer, will give you a guided tour of advanced Arduino capabilities. If it can be done with an Arduino, you’ll learn about it here.
What you’ll learn
- How to modify the Arduino to work with other chips
- How to simulate sensors for testing and debugging
- How to set up advanced XBee networks
- How to write Arduino libraries and share them with the Arduino community
- How to get started with the Android accessory development kit
- How to create games with hardware or with Gameduino
- How to connect your Android phone to an Arduino sensor network
Who this book is for
Arduino fans, technogeeks, and electronic artists who want to take their skills to the next level.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Arduino 1.0.4 Core Changes
Chapter 2. Arduino Development and Social Coding
Chapter 3. openFrameworks and Arduino
Chapter 4. Android ADK
Chapter 5. XBees
Chapter 6. Simulating Sensors
Chapter 7. PID Controllers
Chapter 8. Android Sensor Networks
Chapter 9. Using Arduino with PIC32 and ATtiny Atmel Chips
Chapter 10. Multiprocessing. Linking the Arduino for More Power
Chapter 11. Game Development with Arduino
Chapter 12. Writing Your Own Arduino Libraries
Chapter 13. Arduino Test Suite
- Paperback: 316 pages
- Publisher: Apress (June 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430239395
- ISBN-13: 978-1430239390