Photoshop Elements 11: The Missing Manual
Whether you’re a photographer, scrapbooker, or aspiring graphic artist, Photoshop Elements is an ideal image-editing tool—once you know your way around. This bestselling book removes the guesswork. With candid, jargon-free advice and step-by-step guidance, you’ll get the most out of Elements for everything from sharing and touching-up photos to fun print and online projects.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Get to work right away. Import, organize, and make quick fixes with ease.
- Retouch any image. Repair and restore old and damaged photos.
- Add pizzazz. Use dozens of filters, layer styles, and special effects.
- Share photos. Create online albums, email-ready slideshows, and web-ready files.
- Find your artistic flair. Use tools to draw, paint, work with blend modes, and more.
- Use your words. Make text flow along a curved path or around an object or shape.
- Unleash your creativity. Design photo books, greeting cards, calendars, and collages.
- Make yourself comfortable. Customize Elements to fit your working style.
Table of Contents
Part I: Introduction to Elements
Chapter 1. Finding Your Way Around Elements
Chapter 2. Importing, Managing, and Saving Photos
Chapter 3. Rotating and Resizing Photos
Part II: Elemental Elements
Chapter 4. The Quick Fix
Chapter 5. Making Selections
Chapter 6. Layers: The Heart of Elements
Part III: Retouching
Chapter 7. Basic Image Retouching
Chapter 8. Elements for Digital Photographers
Chapter 9. Retouching: Fine-Tuning Images
Chapter 10. Removing and Adding Color
Chapter 11. Photomerge: Creating Panoramas, Group Shots, and More
Part IV: Artistic Elements
Chapter 12. Drawing with Brushes, Shapes, and Other Tools
Chapter 13. Filters, Actions, Layer Styles, and Gradients
Chapter 14. Text in Elements
Part V: Sharing Images
Chapter 15. Creating Projects
Chapter 16. Printing Photos
Chapter 17. Email and the Web
Chapter 18. Online Albums and Slideshows
Part VI: Additional Elements
Chapter 19. Beyond the Basics
Part VII: Appendixes
Appendix. Installation and Troubleshooting
- Paperback: 656 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media / Pogue Press (September 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449316131
- ISBN-13: 978-1449316136