PhoneGap 2.x Mobile Application Development Hotshot
“PhoneGap 2.x Mobile Application Development Hotshot” covers the concepts necessary to let you create great apps for mobile devices. The book includes ten apps varying in difficulty that cover the gamut – productivity apps, games, and more – that are designed to help you learn how to use PhoneGap to create a great experience.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore localization and globalization tools.
- Interact with various social networks.
- Create, save, and retrieve user-created data.
- Learn about maps and geolocation.
- Interact with the camera and the photographs it creates.
- Work with playing and recording both audio and video.
- Create a fun, high-performance game.
- Integrate with custom plugins to extend the functionality of PhoneGap, including how to use native UI controls.
- Explore mobile app design patterns.
- Discover how to migrate a phone app to a tablet app.
This book is a step-by-step guide to creating a mobile app. Each chapter begins with the design of the user interface using wireframes, as well as the data models using various diagrams. After the design, the chapter moves on to the implementation of the app, describing each block of code, including how it works and why it is needed in the context of the project. At the end of each project, various suggestions are proposed to help extend or enhance the project in order to stimulate your creativity and programming skills.
Who this book is for
- Paperback: 388 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (February 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849519404
- ISBN-13: 978-1849519403