Oracle WebCenter 11g PS3 Administration Cookbook
Oracle WebCenter Suite 11g is the modern user experience platform for the enterprise and the Web. Oracle WebCenter Suite 11g delivers social and collaborative services to help optimize connections between people, information, and applications. WebCenter has changed a lot with its last release. This book will guide you through all the important and new features for managing and administering WebCenter with advanced recipes.
Oracle WebCenter 11g PS3 Administration Cookbook is a practical guide that provides over 90 advanced recipes with step-by-step instructions covering important aspects of managing and administering Oracle WebCenter.
The book starts by creating an enterprise portal with WebCenter and enhancing it with the new features from the latest 11g version. It then teaches you to build complex navigation models and page hierarchies in detail. It then dives into building Wikis and integrating content with document services. Finally it covers the important administrative concepts of WebCenter Spaces, security, and managing WebCenter applications.
A collection of advanced recipes to assist you in your daily tasks when managing Oracle WebCenter
What you will learn from this book:
- Create and manage the navigation models of your portal
- Get to grips with the newly supported JSR 286 standard to build and consume portlets in WebCenter
- Build content-driven portals by integrating document services
- Build collaborative environments and integrate different services for a feature-rich environment
- Integrate external applications in your portal
- Master the different ways to customize and personalize WebCenter applications
- Understand the best-known enterprise 2.0 service – the discussion service
- Create Wikis – which have changed significantly with the new release
- Learn how the security model of WebCenter works
- Deploy and Analyze the use of different portals
- Understand the use of collaborative services like discussions, wiki, and blog
This is a cookbook filled with numerous recipes for learning important and advanced aspects of administering WebCenter.
Who this book is written for
If you are a WebCenter administrator who wants to keep up to date with the newer version, and learn all the important and advanced aspects of administering WebCenter then this book is for you. You need to have WebCenter installed and to have basic knowledge of administering WebCenter.
- Paperback: 348 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (July 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849682283
- ISBN-13: 978-1849682282