Oracle Primavera Contract Management, Business Intelligence Publisher Edition v14
Oracle’s Primavera Contract Management, Business Intelligence Publisher Edition is a document management, job cost, and field controls solution that keeps construction projects on schedule and on budget through complete project control.
“Oracle Primavera Contract Management, Business Intelligence Publisher Edition v14” explains the concepts behind the core modules and how to use them.
“Oracle Primavera Contract Management, Business Intelligence Publisher Edition v14” makes this complex application understandable. You will understand the concepts behind the core modules and how to use them.
This book starts with some basic introduction to Contract management and then covers the advantages and disadvantages of using a spreadsheet in managing information on a project. The book then covers in detail the concepts involved with how it works from a 30,000 foot view and explains the concept of how Oracle Primavera Contract Management is diametrically opposed to a spreadsheet mentality.
The book also covers the aspects of how Oracle Primavera Contract Management manages the money and contractual relationships on a project.
What you will learn from this book
- The concepts of Contract Management differs with each organization, learn how PCM is designed to work your way
- Learn how to manage the over-abundance of data in a project and find what you are looking for quickly
- There is too much information to keep in your head; use PCM for easy storage and retrieval.
- The Cost Worksheet is your friend, learn how to use it to your benefit.
- The Change Process can be daunting, learn the various methods to manage this potentially complex procedure.
- Learn to set up the Change Process to match your business; don’t be forced into a box.
- Payments are key to a successful business, learn how to manage them quickly and easily
- Improperly managed submittals are the second highest reason for losing money on a project; learn that your project does not need to be part of this statistic.
- Learn how to use the drawings module to know who has what and when.
- Learn how PCM can help out in the field.
This book is packed with real world examples that cover concepts and usability of the core modules of a complex application.
Who this book is written for
If you are Project manager or consultant looking forward to using and implementing Oracle Primavera Contract Management in your organization, then this is the best guide for you
No prior knowledge of PCM required.
- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (December 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849686904
- ISBN-13: 978-1849686907