Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise Financial Management 9.1 Implementation
PeopleSoft financial management applications have been recognized as a leading ERP product across a wide range of industries that helps organizations automate their accounting operations, cut costs, and streamline business processes. They offer industry leading solutions for organizations’ global needs, however complex they may be.
PeopleSoft Enterprise Financial Management 9.1 Implementation is probably the only learning resource for a novice practitioner, who may otherwise have to rely on thousands of pages of documentation for such a complex ERP system. This book covers all the crucial elements of PeopleSoft Financials–a business processes, configuration, and implementation guide. This is the ideal one-stop resource before entering the world of PeopleSoft implementation.
Beginning with the fundamentals of a generic financial ERP system, this book moves on to basic PeopleSoft concepts and then dives into discussing the individual modules in detail.
You will see how to leverage financial modules such as Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Asset Management, Expenses, and General Ledger. Dedicated chapters discuss key PeopleSoft features such as application security and commitment control for budgeting. You will learn fundamental ERP concepts such as the chart of accounts, used by organizations for recording and reporting financial transactions, and how to implement them in PeopleSoft through chartfields, business units, and SetIDs.
A complete overview of PeopleSoft Financial application features, enabling you to implement them almost effortlessly.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand the philosophy of a financial ERP system and PeopleSoft’s approach
- Control access to system features for different users through security configuration
- Explore the customer invoicing process and configuration of the Billing module
- Track and process invoices by configuring the Accounts Receivable module
- Maintain and process your organization’s fixed assets using the Asset Management module
- Process and disburse payments to the organization’s vendors through Accounts Payable
- Process employees’ expense reports through the Expenses module
- Record and process all accounting information in the General ledger
- Explore how organizations can perform budgeting activities through Commitment Control
- Perform implementation activities using the Setup Manager
This step-by-step tutorial will take you through Oracle PeopleSoft Financial Management 9.1 and show you how to implement it into your business. It is written in an easy-to-read style, with a strong emphasis on real-world, practical examples with step-by-step explanations.
Who this book is written for
This book will establish a solid foundation for your efforts to become a successful PeopleSoft Financials practitioner. If you are a functional implementation analyst, a business analyst, or a business user who plans to start using PeopleSoft applications, this book is for you. Reading this book will equip you with the basic skills to configure and maintain PeopleSoft financial applications.
- Paperback: 412 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (June 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849681465
- ISBN-13: 978-1849681469