Oracle JDeveloper 11gR2 Cookbook
Oracle’s Application Development Framework (ADF) for Fusion Web Applications leverages Java EE best practices and proven design patterns to simplify constructing complex web solutions with JDeveloper, and this hands-on, task-based cookbook enables you to realize those complex, enterprise-scale applications. With the help of real-world implementations, practical recipes cover everything from design and construction, to deployment, testing, debugging and optimization.
This practical, task-based cookbook takes you, the ADF developer, on a practical journey for building Fusion Web Applications. By implementing a range of real world use cases, you will gain invaluable and applicable knowledge for utilizing the ADF framework with JDeveloper 11gR2.
“Oracle JDeveloper 11gR2 Cookbook” is a task-based guide to the complete lifecycle of Fusion Web Application development using Oracle JDeveloper 11gR2 and ADF.
You will get quickly up and running with concepts like setting up Application Workspaces and Projects, before delving into specific Business Components such as Entity Objects, View Objects, Application Modules and more. Along the way you will encounter even more practical recipes about ADF Faces UI components and Backing Beans, and the book rounds off by covering security, session timeouts and exceptions.
With “Oracle JDeveloper 11gR2 Cookbook” in hand you will be equipped with the practical knowledge of a range of ready to use implementation cases which can be applied to your own Fusion Web ADF Applications.
What you will learn from this book
- Get quickly up and running by downloading, installing and optimizing JDeveloper on Linux
- Absorb the foundational techniques presented for laying out the Fusion Web ADF Application during the application architectural phases
- Get to grips with using custom properties and property sets for generic programming and overriding doDML() to populate sequence attributes
- Work with View objects, List-of-Values, Bind Variables and View Criteria
- Handle security, exceptions, logging and session timeouts
- Create and use generic extension interfaces, service-enabling Application Modules and shared Applications Modules
- Go further with ADF Faces techniques like using custom listeners for query panel operations and programmatically executing operation bindings
- Master Task Flow techniques such as using a Method Call activity to initialize a page and using Task Flow Initializers
“Oracle JDeveloper 11gR2 Cookbook” is a practical cookbook which goes beyond the basics with immediately applicable recipes for building ADF applications at an intermediate-to-advanced level.
Who this book is for
If you are a JavaEE developer who wants to go beyond the basics of building ADF applications with Oracle JDeveloper 11gR2 and get hands on with practical recipes, this book is for you.
You should be comfortable with general Java development principles, the JDeveloper IDE, and ADF basics.
- Paperback: 406 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (January 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849684766
- ISBN-13: 978-1849684767