Oracle Essbase 11 Development Cookbook
Oracle Essbase is a Multi-Dimensional Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) server, providing a rich environment for effectively developing custom analytic and enterprise performance management applications. Oracle Essbase enables business users to quickly model complex business scenarios.
This practical cookbook shows you the advanced development techniques when building Essbase Applications and how to take these applications further.
Packed with over 90 task-based and immediately reusable recipes, this book starts by showing you how to use a relational data model to build and load an Essbase cube and how to create a data source, prepare the mini schema, and work with the data elements in Essbase Studio. The book then dives into topics such as building the BSO cube, building the ASO cube, using EAS for development, creating Calculation Scripts and using MaxL to automate processes.
What you will learn from this book
- Design components of a Data Mart to use as data source, maintain meta-data, and support drill-through reporting.
- Setup a Data Source and Minischema in Essbase Studio so that metadata elements can be manipulated and hierarchies built.
- Create an Essbase Model, Cube Schema, drill-through report, and deploy both a Block Storage (BSO) and Aggregate Storage (ASO) application.
- Use Essbase Administration Services (EAS) to create applications, create and use substitution variables, and add complex outline formulas in both the Block Storage (BSO) and Aggregate Storage (ASO) models.
- Create dimension build rules, flat file load rules, and SQL load rules.
- Create complex calculations using the Calculation Script Editor, optimize a cube for calculations, and run allocation calculations off an Aggregate Storage database.
- Automate processes via MaxL scripts and integrate data between Essbase databases and to relational databases
- Design effective security and build dynamic reports
This cookbook is full of immediately useable recipes showing you the advanced development techniques when building Essbase Applications and how to take these applications further.
This cookbook offers practical, task-based, and immediately usable recipes covering a wide range of advanced development techniques to build Essbase Applications and take them further. In addition to its cookbook style, which ensures the solutions are presented in a clear step-by-step manner, its explanations go into great detail, which makes it good learning material for everyone who has experience in Essbase and wants to improve. The book is designed in such a way that you can either read it chapter by chapter or refer to recipes that you want in no particular order.
Who this book is for
If you are an experienced Essbase developer, Essbase Database Designer or Database Administrator, then this book is for you. This book assumes that you have good knowledge of Oracle Essbase.
- Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (January 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849683263
- ISBN-13: 978-1849683265