Oracle BAM 11gR1 Handbook
An integral component of Oracle SOA and BPM Suite, Oracle BAM (Business Activity Monitoring) ultimately empowers business executives to react quickly to changing business situations. BAM enables business service and process monitoring through real-time data streaming and operational reports, and this book helps you to take advantage of this vital tool with best practice guidance for building a BAM project.
“Oracle BAM 11gR1 Handbook” is an essential companion for advancing your BAM knowledge, with troubleshooting and performance tuning tips to guide you in building BAM applications.
The book uses step-by-step instructions alongside a real world demo project to steer you through the pitfalls of report and application development. Packed with best practices, you’ll learn about BAM migration, HA configuration and much more.
“Oracle BAM 11gR1 Handbook” comprises a myriad of best practices for building real-time operational dashboards, reports and alerts.
The book dives straight into the architecture of Oracle BAM 11g, before moving swiftly onto concepts like managing BAM server securities, populating Data Objects and performing load testing. Later on you’ll also learn about BAM migration and building an ADF-based report, plus much more that you won’t want to miss.
For focusing in on best practices for this integral tool within Oracle SOA and BPM Suite, “Oracle BAM 11gR1 Handbook” is the perfect guide for the job.
What you will learn from this book
- Dive straight into understanding BAM architecture and key concepts for building applications
- Gain practical experience with BAM securities topics, such as setting up an external LDAP server, enabling SSL, managing policies and application roles
- Become acquainted with various technologies and best practices for moving business data to BAM
- Tackle various BAM HA configuration best practices
- Get started with ADF-based views
- Learn BAM testing methodologies and how to perform load testing for your BAM applications
- Get to grips with various report design considerations and best practices
- Take your knowledge further by troubleshooting and tuning your BAM applications with an accompanying case study
“Oracle BAM 11gR1 Handbook” is a practical best practices tutorial focused entirely on Oracle Business Activity Monitoring. An intermediate-to-advanced guide, step-by-step instructions and an accompanying demo project will help SOA report developers through application development and producing dashboards and reports.
Who this book is for
If you are a developer/report developer or SOA Architect who wants to learn valuable Oracle BAM best practices for monitoring your operations in real time, then “Oracle BAM 11gR1 Handbook” is for you. Administrators will also find the book useful.
You should already be comfortable with SOA architecture and SQL practices.
- Paperback: 248 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (April 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849685444
- ISBN-13: 978-1849685443