Oracle Application Express for Mobile Web Applications
Oracle Application Express for Mobile Web Applications is an action driven book, taking you by the hand through all required steps in building your very own web application that will run on phones, tablets, and other mobile devices. Because you’ve built every piece of it yourself, you will know exactly how every tiny part is used and how you can tweak it to your own – or your customer’s – taste.
Oracle Application Express is widely known in the Oracle community as a great tool for creating web applications suitable for desktop browsers. Features have now been added to open up the world of mobile browsing, bringing the simplicity and expressiveness of Appliction Express to bear in developing applications to run with an almost-native look and feel on platforms such as iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
Oracle Application Express for Mobile Web Applications helps you translate your knowledge of Oracle Application Express into developing for mobile devices. The book and its running example provide all the knowledge you need to create professional looking mobile web applications.
- Takes you through building a mobile web application from start to finish.
- Gives insight into the components necessary for a professional looking mobile application.
- Helps you become an even better and more all-round Oracle Application Express developer.
What you’ll learn
- Build mobile applications to run from iPhones, iPads, Android devices, and Windows-based phones and tablets.
- Make enterprise reporting and business functions accessible to mobile devices.
- Customize the look-and-feel of your mobile applications.
- Respond to gestures such as swiping and pointing, and to changes in device orientation.
- Enhance mobile applications through the use of plugins.
- Deploy applications into the Apple and Android stores.
Who this book is for
Oracle Application Express for Mobile Web Applications is aimed at Oracle Application Express developers wanting to develop and deploy applications for use on mobile devices. The book is also useful to any developer in an Oracle Database environment who is looking for a quick-and-easy, yet powerful way to extend business functions and reporting to mobile devices.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction to APEX for Mobile Web Development
Chapter 2. Creating Mobile Pages
Chapter 3. Presenting Data Through List Views
Chapter 4. Accepting Input via Forms
Chapter 5. Displaying Calendars and Charts
Chapter 6. Implementing a Navigation Standard
Chapter 7. Theming Your Mobile Application
Chapter 8. Working with Dynamic Actions
Chapter 9. Deploying Applications Natively
Chapter 10. Securing Your Mobile Application
- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Apress (April 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430249471
- ISBN-13: 978-1430249474