Oracle Application Express 4.0 with Ext JS
This book starts off by setting up a productive environment for Oracle APEX and Ext JS, preparing you to get ready to code, and then gradually introducing you to the Ext JS API. You then create a theme based on Ext JS into APEX from scratch, starting with integrating the Ext JS library into the page template, then covering all the template types.
You further enrich your interface by integrating Ext JS form components and Ext JS layout elements. You are shown how to integrate components including tab panels, toolbars and menus. Existing components are also enhanced, transforming select lists into auto-completing combo boxes and text-areas auto-sizing as you type.
What you will learn from this book :
- Set up a productive development environment for both Oracle APEX and Ext JS
- Set up a source code repository, to store all database schema scripts, web-server assets, install scripts and third party libraries
- Automate your build process, to simplify the deployment of your applications and reduce errors
- Create rich and responsive user interfaces that display intuitive visual cues using template types such as buttons, popup list of values, breadcrumbs, calendars, and reports
- Build a simple standalone testing page to isolate testing without worrying about interaction with APEX
- Build a theme based on Ext JS into APEX from scratch
- Build Tab Panels using sub regions, toolbars, and menus
- Enhance your applications using APEX plug-ins, covering dynamic actions, item plug-ins, region plug-ins and report column plug-ins
This book is written in a clear conversational style, which emphasizes a practical learn-by-doing approach. This step by step guide has illustrative examples to implement Ext JS library features in your Oracle APEX applications
Who this book is written for
If you are an Oracle APEX application developer who wants to take APEX applications to the next level by taking advantage of Ext JS features, this book is for you. Prior knowledge of Oracle APEX is required, however, no prior knowledge of Ext JS is required.
- Paperback: 392 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (March, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849681066
- ISBN-13: 978-1849681063