.NET Framework 4.5 Expert Programming Cookbook
.Net is an architecture neutral and programming language agnostic framework that caters to all requirements, varying from business solutions to multiplayer online 3D games. Version 4.5 added many new features to help with the development of robust and user-friendly solutions. This book will teach you the new features as well as the advanced concepts of different .Net components.
“.Net Framework 4.5 Expert Programming Cookbook” will teach you about the advanced concepts and new features of the core framework, Window Forms, threading, and parallel programming, ASP.Net, Silverlight, WCF, WPF, ADO.Net, and Entity Framework using a real life problem/solution approach with a hands-on style.
This book takes a hands-on approach in teaching you how to use the new as well as advanced features of the .Net framework 4.5. Each topic will teach you how to use a specific feature of .Net to solve a real world problem or scenario. You will learn how to use metadata driven programming, creating custom events with payloads, adding parallel constructs to your applications, using strict data bound controls in ASP.Net, enabling third party authentication and embedding maps, among many other key skills.
What you will learn from this book
- Create metadata-driven code, including properties, events, and custom attributes .
- Understand multi-threading, thread-safety, and the parallel framework extensions to avoid threading pitfalls in your Window Forms, WPF, and Silverlight applications.
- Implement .NET patterns in application design, assessing a given pattern’s fit in a given context and current state of .NET patterns.
- Create secured and REST based WCF services.
- Learn new controls such as Ribbon Control and live data shaper to customize your applications.
- Use advanced concepts of Application Events and Windows Forms to create a re-usable Window Forms component.
- Understand new features of ASP.Net websites to enable Google/Facebook SSO based authentication and add non-obstructive validation along with embedding maps in your websites.
“.Net Framework 4.5 Expert Programming Cookbook” is a concise and practical cookbook with advanced recipes which demonstrate the new functionality of .NET Framework 4.5.
Who this book is written for
If you are a .NET developer and would like to learn the new features in .NET 4.5, then this book is just for you. “.Net Framework 4.5 Expert Programming Cookbook” gives developers with a basic to intermediate knowledge a high-level overview and clear understanding of what the .NET 4.5 Framework provides.
- Paperback: 276 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (January 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849687420
- ISBN-13: 978-1849687423