MySQL Management and Administration with Navicat
Any database designer who wants to accomplish both everyday tasks and more advanced actions with a few clicks or drag-and-drops can now do so using Navicat’s advanced tools and this book.
Starting with the basics before progressing with advanced features, this book can be read from cover to cover, or simply used as a reference guide for any problems you encounter.
The book features ‘work along’ tutorials, some of which will surprise you by revealing features of Navicat which you may never have known existed – features such as designing functions and stored procedures, event triggers, creating batch jobs and scheduling.
“MySQL Management and Administration with Navicat” is an ideal resource to master Navicat and unlock its true potential.
What you will learn from this book
- Easily set up servers, establish connections, configure proxies and SSL certificates
- Design databases, tables, complex views, queries, functions and stored procedures through hand coding, point-and-click, or a mix of both
- Establish and manage complex relationships with visual editors and get the automatically generated SQL
- Import data or an entire database from almost any data source and export to a different database platform or a plethora of file formats
- Create visual models and create a database from them or just reverse-engineer an existing database into a visual diagram
- Backup and restore MySQL databases easily
- Create batch jobs and define automated schedules
- Manage complex privileges, analyze and repair tables with a few clicks
Who this book is written for
This book is written for MySQL Users, Developers, and admins who want to discover just how easy Navicat makes even normally arduous tasks.
- Paperback: 134 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (September 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849687463
- ISBN-13: 978-1849687461