Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Power User Cookbook
The power of Microsoft SharePoint as the Enterprise collaboration platform is ever-growing; due to the wide range of capabilities it offers, SharePoint 2010 can help transform your business so you can quickly respond to the changes and challenges that you face. For End Users, SharePoint helps you and your team work “better, faster, and smarter”. This book will take your SharePoint knowledge further, showing you how to use your skills to solve real business problems.
While many other titles might be characterized as “SharePoint Explained”, this cookbook contains advanced content that goes beyond that found in other SharePoint End User offerings: it is “SharePoint Applied”. It provides recipes walking Power Users through a range of collaboration, data integration, business intelligence, electronic form, and workflow scenarios, as well as offering three invaluable business scenarios for building composite applications.
The cookbook begins by providing a comprehensive treatment of SharePoint essentials, while quickly moving forward to topics like Data Integration, Business Intelligence, and automating business processes. At the end of the book, the information presented in the earlier recipes is combined to create three example SharePoint 2010 “composite applications” for Human Resources (HR), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and Project Management. Composite applications are the “unique selling point” of SharePoint 2010 and understanding how to create them is the key to unlocking the business value of the product.
Don’t just understand basic SharePoint functionality; learn to solve your real-world business problems by “Thinking SharePoint”
What you will learn from this book:
- Quickly move through some essential SharePoint End User tasks before moving on to more advanced functionality
- Take a deep dive into SharePoint document management
- Learn from a comprehensive treatment of SharePoint workflows
- Understand who is listening to your information with SharePoint Web Analytics tools
- Create and publish InfoPath forms to front-end your business processes
- Discover the SharePoint security trimmed user interface from a practical business perspective
- Understand SharePoint search and how to find things more easily
- Turn data into information using SharePoint’s powerful business intelligence tools
- Unlock the true business value of SharePoint with HR, CRM, and PM composite application examples
- Understand how to apply your SharePoint knowledge to “Think SharePoint” rather than simply grasping basic SharePoint concepts
This hands-on cookbook takes readers through many highly applicable intermediate and advanced SharePoint recipes, as well as offering three real-world business scenarios to complement the knowledge already gained. The book specifically sets out to cover important SharePoint 2010 topics that are often avoided by other authors.
Who this book is written for
If you are an advanced End User or Power User of SharePoint 2010 who wants to accomplish specific business tasks beyond the basics, then this cookbook is not to be missed. You should already be comfortable with SharePoint in order to get the most out the recipes, which are applicable up to and including SharePoint Enterprise edition. You’ll find this book useful not only as a learning tool, but also as a reference guide as your SharePoint skills and experience increase.
- Paperback: 344 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (October 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849682887
- ISBN-13: 978-1849682886