Microsoft Hyper-V Cluster Design
Hyper-V Server offers an inexpensive and simple way to consolidate your existing server applications. Failover Clustering adds convenience and protections to keep those systems running. A well-designed cluster requires understanding many topics, but the time invested in learning pays off with a system that all but takes care of itself.
Microsoft Hyper-V Cluster Design is a comprehensive look at the technologies that comprise a cluster of Microsoft Hyper-V Servers. This book will take you through planning your deployment, selecting the appropriate components, building and testing your cluster, and maintaining it for optimal performance.
If you want to Master Hyper-V cluster design and create scalable, fault-tolerant Hyper-V Servers, then this book is for you!
Microsoft Hyper-V Cluster Design tackles the common stumbling blocks in cluster design and deployment. You’ll learn the intricacies of shared storage design as well as how to exploit networking hardware for optimal Hyper-V cluster performance.
You’ll learn how to design systems that match your actual workload instead of the theoretical environment of a test lab. By the end of this book you will know how to plan, deploy and maintain a high available, high performance Hyper-V cluster.
What you will learn from this book
- Practical and efficient Hyper-V Server clustering planning and design
- Deployment and maintenance with PowerShell and graphical tools
- Proper selection of shared storage systems
- Proper design and configuration of networking for Hyper-V clusters
- Automate maintenance strategies without service interruptions
- Advanced network design for clustered virtual environments
- Balance and measure our cluster’s performance
- Correct disaster planning and recovery
- Understanding the new Hyper-V and cluster features in 2012 R2
This book is written in a friendly and practical style with numerous tutorials centred on common as well as atypical Hyper-V cluster designs. This book also features a sample cluster design throughout to help you learn how to design a Hyper-V in a real-world scenario.
Who this book is for
Microsoft Hyper-V Cluster Design is perfect for the systems administrator who has a good understanding of Windows Server in an Active Directory domain and is ready to expand into a highly available virtualized environment. It only expects that you will be familiar with basic hypervisor terminology.
- Paperback: 462 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (October 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 178217768X
- ISBN-13: 978-1782177685