Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Development Cookbook
Microsoft Dynamics AX is a comprehensive Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution for mid-size and large organizations. Dynamics AX implementations are used worldwide by thousands of customers. With the new version – Dynamics AX 2012 – the system is due to expand even more rapidly.
Every new implementation requires some level of customization, and all organizations want this to be done to the highest standards using proven approaches.
Written by one of the leading experts in Microsoft Dynamics AX, ‘Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Development Cookbook’ is packed with over 80 task-based and immediately reusable recipes that will help you manage your company’s or customer’s ERP information and operations efficiently, and solve your business process problems in an effective and quick way. This book focuses on commonly used custom modifications in major Dynamics AX modules. The recipes in this book cover various areas of Dynamics AX to help developers not only learn about programming, but also about the functional side of Dynamics AX. The practical recipes will also allow you to look at the development from the perspective of business processes. You will learn to enhance your user interface using various Dynamics AX UI elements and managing your data and functions will become easier.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore data manipulation concepts in Dynamics AX
- Build scripts to assist data migration processes
- Organize data in Dynamics AX forms
- Enhance your application by using advanced form controls
- Create custom lookups using AOT forms and dynamically generate them from the X++ code
- Create and post Dynamics AX journals from code
- Create and manage purchase and sales orders from code
- Create a custom electronic payment format and process a vendor payment using it
- Integrate your application with Microsoft Office Suite
- Create various Microsoft Office documents that can be used for exporting/importing business data for further distribution or analysis
- Integrate the system with external systems using various approaches
- Improve your development efficiency and experience
- Learn simple but effective tips on how to improve overall Dynamics AX performance
‘Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Development Cookbook’ is full of immediately useable recipes showing you how to manage your company’s ERP information and operations efficiently, and solve your business process problems in an effective and quick way. This book contains a list of useful Dynamics AX modifications – recipes – along with all required code and in-depth explanations. Most of the recipes are presented using real-world examples in a variety of Dynamics AX modules. In addition to its cookbook style, which ensures the solutions are presented in a clear step-by-step manner, its explanations go into great detail, which makes it good learning material for everyone who has experience in Dynamics AX and wants to improve. The book is designed in such a way that most of the recipes are presented as separate, standalone entities and reading of other, prior recipes is not required. Some recipes however, are extensions of the prior ones.
Who this book is for
If you are a Dynamics AX developer who is primarily focused on delivering time-proven application modifications, then this book is for you. Although new X++ developers will find this book useful, this book is focused more towards developers who already know the basics of Dynamics AX programming and want to step up to the next level and at the same time learn the functional aspects of Dynamics AX. Some Dynamics AX coding experience is expected.
- Paperback: 372 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (May 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849684642
- ISBN-13: 978-1849684644