Mac Application Development For Dummies
The App Store extends to the Mac desktop! Developers: here’s how join the fun
If you love your desktop Mac and want to enjoy the fun and challenge of developing Mac apps for the App Store, here’s your chance to get started. This fun, full-color guide shows you how to create killer Mac apps on, and for, a desktop Mac. The book takes you step by step through the development of two apps while you get up to speed on the Mac App SDK, Xcode 4, how a Mac app runs, cryptography, views, and much more.
- Shows you how to download the Mac App SDK, set up Xcode 4, and how Mac apps run
- Takes you step by step through the development of two Mac desktop apps
- Explains views, view controllers, interface objects, gesture recognizers, cryptography, security, network awareness, and much more
The App Store for the Mac desktop is the next big thing for developers! Be ready with this book at your disposal.
Note: Apple’s iOS SDK tools are only accessible on Intel-powered Mac and MacBook devices.
From the Back Cover
Join the fun! Start developing apps for the Mac desktop now — this book shows you how!
The Mac App Store is open for desktop business! You can get in on the action with this easy-to-follow guide to developing a Mac app from concept to completion. Here’s how to become a registered Mac developer, plan an app that users will love, work with Objective-C and code libraries, build and debug your app, and market it through the App Store.
- Welcome to Mac land — learn about Mac apps in general, the tools you need to start building them, and how to register as a Mac developer
- Learn the code — discover the basics of Objective-C programming, the Cocoa Framework, and how to create a Mac app’s user interface
- It’s all about the user — learn strategies for supporting user expectations and how to create a positive user experience
- Information, please — safely manage and store the information users will provide
- The finishing touches — hunt down and banish the bugs and prepare to ace Apple’s app review
Open the book and find:
- The skills you’ll need to develop Mac apps
- Where to find online assistance
- Sources and resources for a Mac project
- Advice on testing a user interface
- How to use Model-View-Controller
- Ways to check your app for memory leaks
- What Apple looks for in your app
- App development best practices
- Download the Mac App SDK and start working with Xcode
- Take advantage of Mac desktop features to create amazing apps
- Submit your app to the Mac App Store and navigate the approval process
- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies (October 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118032225
- ISBN-13: 978-1118032220