Instant OSGi Starter
OSGi is a tried and true modularity standard for Java. It has in recent years gained a lot of traction and tooling; becoming frequently used in Enterprise containers and distributed software systems.
“Instant OSGi Starter” is where you should start before beginning your first OSGi based project. You’ll be exposed to the core concepts, gain practical experience with the most important features, and learn about the basic tenets of modular code practices.
This book begins with the fundamental tools needed for building modular applications, top features with basic tenets of modular core practices and provides useful insights into resources and the community.
As this book progresses you will be able to get started programming in OSGi whilst looking at the default three layer design so the application will be architected towards modularity and simplicity.
Through exploring several tools and technologies and browsing the communities you will be able to work towards modular programming in OSGi.
What you will learn from this book
- Discover the basic tenets of the Open Services Gateway initiative and modular programming.
- Deploy and manage your OSGi applications in a runtime container.
- Gain familiarity with OSGi tooling.
- Understand the Bundle as the most basic layer of OSGI modularity.
- Master the OSGi Lifecycle model for modular code.
- Gain exposure to key OSGi patterns such as Whiteboard and Extender.
- Find more information and supporting communities for OSGi developers.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. Using a practical approach with explanation where needed, the book will take an in depth look at what OSGi is and what it offers to Java programmers and development standards.
Who this book is written for
“Instant OSGi Starter” is intended for the senior Java programmer whom will be joining OSGi based projects, or for Architects looking to broaden their exposure to OSGi as a beneficial framework and runtime software system.
- Paperback: 58 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (January 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849519927
- ISBN-13: 978-1849519922