Instant Migration from Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 to 2012 How-to
Migrating to a new server involves a lot of decision making and planning. Windows Server 2012 comes with exciting new features and ease of use. This book will help you migrate to your new server in no time.
“Instant Migration from Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 to 2012 How-to” provides you with many practical and real world scenarios in a step-by-step guide. It is designed to lead you through the entire process of migration.
Beginning with an introduction to Windows Server 2012, the author then takes you through the installation and configuration of the server, before continuing on to migrate the existing services to Windows Server and how to decommission old servers.
The “how-to” migration scenarios described are based on the author’s own field experiences, guaranteeing real-world solutions. The scenarios include Active Directory, enabling a Remote Desktop, Print Server, and Hyper-V migration details.
From the planning to theimplementation phase, “Instant Migration from Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 to 2012 How-to” is your comprehensive guide for completing migration solutions.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and configure the Windows Server 2012.
- Learn the administration of Windows Server 2012.
- Master Active Directory Migration, DNS Migration, and DHCP Migration.
- Follow step-by-step instructions on data and file server migration.
- Learn about printer and print server migration.
- Discover how to implement Hyper-V migration.
- Explore Infrastructure services (DNS, DHPC, and so on) and File and Printer server migration scenarios.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. Presented in a hands-on reference manual style, with real-world scenarios to lead you through each process.
Who this book is written for
This book is intended for Windows server administrators who are performing migrations from their existing Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 environment to Windows Server 2012. The reader must be familiar with Windows Server 2008.
- Paperback: 84 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (January 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849687447
- ISBN-13: 978-1849687447