iMovie ’11 & iDVD: The Missing Manual
Apple’s video-editing program is better than ever, but it still doesn’t have a printed guide to help you get started. That’s where this gorgeous, full-color book comes in. You get clear explanations of iMovie’s impressive new features, like instant rendering, storyboarding, and one-step special effects. Experts David Pogue and Aaron Miller also give you a complete course in film editing and DVD design.
- Edit video like the pros. Import raw footage, add transitions, and use iMovie’s newly restored, intuitive timeline editor.
- Create stunning trailers. Design Hollywood-style “Coming Attractions!” previews for your movies.
- Share your film. Distribute your movie in a variety of places—on smartphones, Apple TV, your own site, and with one-click exports to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, CNN iReport, and MobileMe.
- Make DVDs. Design the menus, titles, and layout for your DVDs, and burn them to disc.
About the Author
David Pogue is the weekly personal-technology columnist for The New York Times and an Emmy-award-winning tech correspondent for CBS News. His funny tech videos appear weekly on CNBC. With 3 million books in print, he is also one of the world’s bestselling how-to authors. In 1999, he launched his own series of amusing, practical, and user-friendly computer books called Missing Manuals, which now includes more than 100 titles.
Aaron Miller is a part-time lawyer, part-time professor, and runs a software company serving nonprofit organizations. In all of his spare time, he authors the blog “Unlocking iMovie” (www.unlockingimovie.com), his own little way of trying to make the Mac world a better place.
- Paperback: 544 pages
- Publisher: Pogue Press (March, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449393276
- ISBN-13: 978-1449393274