HTML5: The Missing Manual, 2nd Edition
HTML5 is more than a markup language—it’s a collection of several independent web standards. Fortunately, this expanded guide covers everything you need in one convenient place. With step-by-step tutorials and real-world examples, HTML5: The Missing Manual shows you how to build web apps that include video tools, dynamic graphics, geolocation, offline features, and responsive layouts for mobile devices.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Structure web pages more effectively. Learn how HTML5 helps web design tools and search engines work smarter.
- Add audio and video without plugins. Build playback pages that work in every browser.
- Create stunning visuals with Canvas. Draw shapes, pictures, and text; play animations; and run interactive games.
- Jazz up your pages with CSS3. Add fancy fonts and eye-catching effects with transitions and animation.
- Design better web forms. Collect information from visitors more efficiently with HTML5 form elements.
- Build it once, run it everywhere. Use responsive design to make your site look good on desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Include rich desktop features. Build self-sufficient web apps that work offline and store the data users need.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Modern Markup
Chapter 1. Introducing HTML5
Chapter 2. Structuring Pages with Semantic Elements
Chapter 3. Writing More Meaningful Markup
Chapter 4. Building Better Web Forms
Part 2: Video, Graphics, and Glitz
Chapter 5. Audio and Video
Chapter 6. Fancy Fonts and Effects with CSS3
Chapter 7. Responsive Web Design with CSS3
Chapter 8. Basic Drawing with the Canvas
Chapter 9. Advanced Canvas: Interactivity and Animation
Part 3: Building Web Apps
Chapter 10. Storing Your Data
Chapter 11. Running Offline
Chapter 12. Communicating with the Web Server
Chapter 13. Geolocation, Web Workers, and History Management
Part 4: Appendixes
Appendix A. Essential CSS
- Paperback: 518 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media; 2nd Edition (December 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449363261
- ISBN-13: 978-1449363260