HLSL Development Cookbook
3D graphics are becoming increasingly more realistic and sophisticated as the power of modern hardware improves. The High Level Shader Language (HLSL) allows you to harness the power of shaders within DirectX 11, so that you can push the boundaries of 3D rendering like never before.
HLSL Development Cookbook will provide you with a series of essential recipes to help you make the most out of different rendering techniques used within games and simulations using the DirectX 11 API.
This book is specifically designed to help build your understanding via practical example. This essential Cookbook has coverage ranging from industry-standard lighting techniques to more specialist post-processing implementations such as bloom and tone mapping. Explained in a clear yet concise manner, each recipe is also accompanied by superb examples with full documentation so that you can harness the power of HLSL for your own individual requirements.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn about different light sources in both forward and deferred implementations
- Take your dynamic lighting to the next level with shadow map support
- Discover a range of post processing effects like bloom and tone mapping
- Implement 3D elements such as decals, rain, and more
- Harness various screen space techniques that help augment the visual quality of your work
Written in an engaging yet practical manner, HLSL Development Cookbook allows you to pick the recipes you need as and when they are required.
Who this book is for
If you have some basic Direct3D knowledge and want to give your work some additional visual impact by utilizing advanced rendering techniques, then this book is for you. It is also ideal for those seeking to make the transition from DirectX 9 to DirectX 11, and those who want to implement powerful shaders with the High Level Shader Language (HLSL).
- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (June 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849694206
- ISBN-13: 978-1849694209