Heterogeneous Computing with OpenCL
Heterogeneous Computing with OpenCL teaches OpenCL and parallel programming for complex systems that may include a variety of device architectures: multi-core CPUs, GPUs, and fully-integrated Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) such as AMD Fusion technology. Designed to work on multiple platforms and with wide industry support, OpenCL will help you more effectively program for a heterogeneous future.
Written by leaders in the parallel computing and OpenCL communities, this book will give you hands-on OpenCL experience to address a range of fundamental parallel algorithms. The authors explore memory spaces, optimization techniques, graphics interoperability, extensions, and debugging and profiling. Intended to support a parallel programming course, Heterogeneous Computing with OpenCL includes detailed examples throughout, plus additional online exercises and other supporting materials.
- Explains principles and strategies to learn parallel programming with OpenCL, from understanding the four abstraction models to thoroughly testing and debugging complete applications.
- Covers image processing, web plugins, particle simulations, video editing, performance optimization, and more.
- Shows how OpenCL maps to an example target architecture and explains some of the tradeoffs associated with mapping to various architectures
- Addresses a range of fundamental programming techniques, with multiple examples and case studies that demonstrate OpenCL extensions for a variety of hardware platforms
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction to Parallel Programming
Chapter 2. Introduction to OpenCL
Chapter 3. OpenCL Device Architectures
Chapter 4. Basic OpenCL Examples
Chapter 5. Understanding OpenCL’s Concurrency and Execution Model
Chapter 6. Dissecting a CPU/GPU OpenCL Implementation
Chapter 7. OpenCL Case Study: Convolution
Chapter 8. OpenCL Case Study: Video Processing
Chapter 9. OpenCL Case Study: Histogram
Chapter 10. OpenCL Case Study: Mixed Particle Simulation
Chapter 11. OpenCL Extensions
Chapter 12. OpenCL Profiling and Debugging
Chapter 13. WebCL
- Paperback: 296 pages
- Publisher: Morgan Kaufmann (August 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0123877660
- ISBN-13: 978-0123877666