Google Power Search
Behind Google’s deceptively simple interface is immense power for both market and competitive research—if you know how to use it well. Sure, basic searches are easy, but complex searches require specialized skills. This concise book takes you through the full range of Google’s powerful search-refinement features, so you can quickly find the specific information you need. Learn techniques ranging from simple Boolean logic to URL parameters and other advanced tools, and see how they’re applied to real-world market research examples.
- Incorporate advanced search operators such as filetype:, intitle:, daterange:, and others into your queries
- Use Google filtering tools, including Search Within Results, Similar Pages, and SafeSearch, among others
- Explore the breadth of Google through auxiliary search services like Google News, Google Books, Google Blog Search, and Google Scholar
- Acquire advanced Google skills that result in more effective search engine optimization (SEO)
About the Author
Stephan Spencer is an author of The Art of SEO published in October 2009 by O’Reilly and co-authored by Eric Enge, Rand Fishkin and Jessie Stricchiola.
Stephan is the founder of Netconcepts. Netconcepts started out as a web design and marketing agency, but over time morphed into a leading SEO firm. Stephan, and Netconcepts, had been heavy into the science of SEO since 1999.
Netconcepts was acquired in January 2010 by paid and organic search software/services agency Covario. Covario is one of those rare companies to have made it onto the Inc 500 list two years in a row — in 2009 and again in 2010.
- Paperback: 72 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media (July 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449311563
- ISBN-13: 978-1449311568