Getting Started with Roo
Spring Roo goes a step beyond the Spring Framework by bringing true Rapid Application Development to Java—just as Grails has done with Groovy. This concise introduction shows you how to build applications with Roo, using the framework’s shell as an intelligent and timesaving code-completion tool. It’s an ideal RAD tool because Roo does much of the tedious code maintenance.
You’ll get started by building a simple customer relationship management application, complete with step-by-step instructions and code examples. Learn how to control any part of the application with Roo’s opt-in feature, while using this open source framework to automate the rest of the code.
- Set up a Spring application and working Maven build to see Roo in action
- Address persistence with JPA and the Neo4j graph database—and learn how Roo supports NoSQL databases
- Use Roo’s database reverse-engineering feature to generate a data model from an existing schema
- Build Roo applications with Spring MVC, Spring WebFlow, Google Web Toolkit, Vaadin, and other web frameworks
- Secure and test your application
About the Author
Josh Long is the Spring developer advocate, an editor on the Java queue for InfoQ.com, and the lead author on several books, including Apress’ Spring Recipes, 2nd Edition. Josh has spoken at many different industry conferences internationally including TheServerSide Java Symposium, SpringOne, OSCON, JavaZone, Devoxx, Java2Days and many others. When he’s not hacking on code for SpringSource, he can be found at the local Java User Group or at the local coffee shop. Josh likes solutions that push the boundaries of the technologies that enable them. His interests include scalability, BPM, grid processing, mobile computing and so-called “smart” systems. He blogs at blog.springsource.org or joshlong.com.
Mr. Mayzak is part of the Cloud Applications Platform team at VMware. As part of this team he is focused on mapping our solutions to customers needs and ensuring that what we offer fits their requirements. He is constantly in the field working with customers on their Cloud initiatives.
- Paperback: 58 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media (August 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449307906
- ISBN-13: 978-1449307905