Getting Started with Spiceworks
Over 2 million IT pros have installed Spiceworks. It helps them with their daily tasks, streamlines processes, and even saves them money, all for free! Getting Started with Spiceworks is an ideal resource to install Spiceworks and run it on your network. After all, over 2 million IT pros can’t be wrong, so learn how to join the Spiceworks IT revolution.
“Getting Started with Spiceworks” starts from downloading the app to having a fully functional Spiceworks installation in just a few minutes. It will cover Network Inventory, Help Desk, Self-Service User Portal, knowledge bases, and more in detail for you to get the most out of Spiceworks.Whether you have a decade of experience or you are new to the IT field, Spiceworks has tools for every IT pro’s needs. You will learn how to make your daily tasks easier, streamline existing processes, and even save money with Spiceworks.
“Getting Started with Spiceworks” will walk you through the Spiceworks installation step-by-step. It will cover topics such as configuring Spiceworks to scan your network and organize information, setting up Help Desk and Self-Service User Portal, running reports that dazzle and streamline your purchasing process, and connecting with other IT pros around your area or around the world thoroughly.
“Getting Started with Spiceworks” will provide insights and tips from experts on Spiceworks. It is an ideal guide to progress quickly from installation to Spiceworks being an essential part of your IT day.
What you will learn from this book
- Use tips and tricks to install Spiceworks in your environment
- Configure Spiceworks to scan your network and organize the wealth of information that Spiceworks delivers
- Set up Help Desk to track issues, time, and improve communication with end users
- Utilize the powerful reporting engine of Spiceworks
- Configure Self-Service User Portal to open trouble tickets, and serve as a hub for information
- Use Spiceworks for Monitoring and Alerts
- Set up a knowledge base to document issues and resolutions
- Use Spiceworks for IT Purchasing needs to save you money and time
- Configure Asset and Warranty information within Spiceworks
This book will have a getting started approach, thus making it easy for the readers to understand and learn Spiceworks.
Who this book is written for
This book is for any IT pro who wants to make their day easier. With this book, you can go from installing Spiceworks to having a good working knowledge of it in a single afternoon, no Spiceworks experience required! This book assumes no prior experience with Spiceworks.
- Paperback: 124 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (August 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 178216684X
- ISBN-13: 978-1782166849