Getting Started with .NET Gadgeteer
Learn how to quickly build cool electronic gadgets with .NET Gadgeteer. With the easy-to-follow instructions in this guide, you’ll tackle five fascinating projects, using Microsoft’s rapid prototyping Gadgeteer platform. There’s no soldering involved—you simply plug in modules that make gadget-building quick and easy.
Ideal for beginners, this book shows you how to work with modules and other hardware in the popular Fez Spider Starter Kit, and teaches you how to program your gadgets with Visual Studio C# Express and the .NET Micro Framework 4.1 SDK. You’ll soon learn a wide range of programming techniques along with the skills to design your own projects.
- Get to know the software and hardware with a simple LED project
- Download code from the companion site to build and test each project
- Build a spy camera that automatically captures and saves images at regular intervals
- Construct a simple animated game with the joystick module
- Create a web server that sends messages you draw or write on the touchscreen module
- Build a gadget that backs up digital images from an SD card to a USB flash drive
- Learn about other .NET Gadgeteer modules for creating environmental sensors, an MP3 player, and a WiFi network
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Getting Started with .NET Gadgeteer
Chapter 2. Spy Camera
Chapter 3. Snowflakes Game
Chapter 4. Web Messenger
Chapter 5. Camera Backup Gadget
Chapter 6. What Next?
- Paperback: 90 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media / Make (May 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449328237
- ISBN-13: 978-1449328238