Flash Game Development by Example
You can’t call yourself a Flash game developer unless you know how to build certain essential games, and can quickly use the skills and techniques that make them up.
Flash Game Development by Example is an ultra-fast paced game development course. Learn step-by-step how to build 10 classic games. Each game introduces new game development skills, techniques, and concepts. By the end of the book you will have built ten complete games – and have the skills you need to design and build your own game ideas.
The book starts with simple well known puzzle games: Concentration and Minesweeper. After learning the basics of game design you’ll introduce AI with a four-in-a-row game. Then as you build your own versions of old arcade games such as Snake, Tetris, and Astro Panic. The book ends with a collection of modern casual classics.
Build the classic and modern games that will turn you into a capable Flash games developer.
What you will learn from this book :
- Build 10 working games in one fast-paced 360 page book.
- Each game is carefully selected and explained to introduce essential game development skills.
- Covers puzzle and board-style games as well as fast paced arcade games.
- Build games with AI, levels, shooting at moving targets, puzzles, scoring systems, time limits, and more.
- Build games are in the style of: Concentration, Minesweeper, Connect Four, Sokoban, Snake, Tetris, Astro Panic, Bejeweled, Puzzle Bobble, Ballbalance.
In each chapter you’ll build a complete game, starting with simple puzzlers and working your way up to games similar to the most popular online casual games. Each game introduces a range of essential skills that all Flash game developers should know. There’s never a dull moment — you’re building working, fun games right from Chapter 1.
Who this book is written for
If you’ve never developed a game before or you’ve made a start but want to refine your skills and build complete, successful projects then this book is just what you need.
- Paperback: 328 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (March, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849690901
- ISBN-13: 978-1849690904