ePublishing with InDesign CS6
Here’s the designer’s guide to creating excellent e-books with InDesign
Creative professionals are designing more and more e-books and e-zines as digital publishing increasingly gains market share. This book pulls together a wide range of essential information to help them maximize the versatility of InDesign for e-publishing. If you need to know how to build, deploy, and manage digital publications using InDesign, here’s your guide to the process, from understanding the platforms and devices and how best to design for them to creating media-rich content for multiple formats using a variety of technologies.
- Designers are seeking to sharpen their skills to compete in today’s e-publishing market, and this book is packed with necessary information about creating and adapting content for e-publication
- Explains how to plan a new digital publication, convert a print publication to digital, add multimedia and interactivity, and publish and distribute the finished product
- Covers platforms, devices, and formats; creating media-rich content; designing for different devices; and managing digital publications
- Examines Adobe’s Digital Publishing System, CSS, HTML5, and other commercial vehicles available for e-publishing on multiple platforms, including iPad, Kindle, NOOK, and other tablets and e-readers
ePublishing with InDesign is a valuable tool for designers seeking to boost their skills and create cutting-edge e-publications.
From the Back Cover
Create, Deploy, and Manage Digital Publications
If you want to create digital publications with engaging layouts and pages that pop, let epublishing expert Pariah Burke show you how. This book provides the information you need to design and launch your digital publications, including how to create econtent from scratch and how to convert print publications to digital formats.
This book walks you through the entire process: planning, adding multimedia and interactivity, and publishing using InDesign. Step-by-step instructions and hands-on projects help you quickly build skills. In no time, you’ll design media-rich ebooks, emagazines, ecatalogs, and more!
- Explore how to create content for the iPad®, iPhone®, Kindle Fire™, Nook™, Android™ tablets, and other devices
- Design, deploy, and manage richly interactive digital magazines, ecatalogs, ebooks, etextbooks, and more
- Produce touch-interactive digital publications with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite and Aquafadas Digital Publishing System
- Add audio, video, and images to your ebooks
- Produce ebooks of the highest quality and maximum compatibility with EPUB and Kindle KF8
- Plan a PDF publication and leverage its epublishing potential
- Learn to navigate and thrive in the complex landscape of digital publication formats, purposes, and viewing devices
- Paperback: 576 pages
- Publisher: Sybex (November 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118305590
- ISBN-13: 978-1118305591