Enterprise Software Architecture and Design
This book fills a gap between high-level overview texts that are often too general and low-level detail oriented technical handbooks that lose sight the “big picture”. This book discusses SOA from the low-level perspective of middleware, various XML-based technologies, and basic service design. It also examines broader implications of SOA, particularly where it intersects with business process management and process modeling. Concrete overviews will be provided of the methodologies in those fields, so that students will have a hands-on grasp of how they may be used in the context of SOA.
From the Back Cover
Provides principles and best practices for the design and development of enterprise software applications
Enterprise software drives much of the world’s IT systems in critical domains such as healthcare, finance, e-commerce, and government. Web services and cloud computing are two manifestations of the growing sophistication and interconnectedness of business IT processes. Despite its importance, the agreed best practices for building enterprise software are still very much a “work in progress.” This text provides a timely review of the principles and practice of enterprise software architecture, including the perspectives of software-oriented architecture (SOA), domain-driven design, and representational state transfer (REST).
It also features:
- Both the implementation-oriented perspective of the hands-on developer and the design-oriented perspective of the software architect
- Discussion of the support for enterprise software development provided by popular frameworks such as Java Enterprise Edition and Windows Communication Foundation, including illustrative examples
- Discussion of trends in computer science research that promise to have a bearing on the hard problems associated with building reliable enterprise applications
- Review of basic concepts that any enterprise software developer or architect will need to understand, in programming languages and distributed systems
Intended to bridge the gap between high-level conceptual overviews and in-depth technical tutorials, Enterprise Software Architecture and Design is ideal for students in computer science, information systems, and systems engineering, as well as software development professionals, computer scientists, and software architects.
- Hardcover: 512 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-IEEE Computer Society Press (February 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470565454
- ISBN-13: 978-0470565452