Drupal 7 Multilingual Sites
Drupal is one of the most powerful and popular PHP Content Management Systems at the moment. By making your site multilingual, you are opening the door to a whole new user base, in as many countries as you like. Use the localization and internationalization features of Drupal 7 to automatically detect where your site users are visiting from and select the content appropriate to them. The world is your oyster!
Drupal 7 Multilingual Sites guides you through the wild world of localization and internationalization with practical and real-world exercises that you can apply to your own website. You will go from theory to practice and acquire the skills you need to make a user-friendly Drupal 7 site that supports multiple languages.
You will follow focused chapter exercises to add multiple-language support for your user interface, content, and various parts of your site’s configuration such as system variables, menus, and blocks.
The latter half of the book fills in the details with step-by-step exercises for localizing the interface, the content, and the configuration. Drupal 7 Multilingual Sites will give you the knowledge and the skills necessary to configure your site to support your language needs.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand the Drupal 7 localization structure and process
- Enable your Drupal UI to display in different languages
- Localize users based on language and country
- Employ effective search engine optimization (SEO) techniques for your multilingual site
- Update blocks, menus, views, and panels to work with multiple languages
- Set up language detection based on URLs, sessions, cookies, or domains
- Create translatable content types to support multilingual content
A practical book with plenty of screenshots to guide you through the many features of multilingual Drupal.
Who this book is for
Any Drupal users who know the basics of building a Drupal site and are familiar with the Drupal UI, will benefit from this book. No previous knowledge of localization or internationalization is required.
- Paperback: 140 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (April 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849518181
- ISBN-13: 978-1849518185