Creating HTML5 Animations with Flash and Wallaby
Creating standards-compliant animations for the Web just got a lot easier. With this concise guide, you’ll learn how to convert Flash animations into HTML5, using Wallaby—the experimental tool from Adobe. Wallaby makes Flash content available for devices that don’t support Flash runtimes, including the iPhone and iPad.
Developing HTML5 animations is time-consuming with all the coding required. This book shows you how to create compelling content for HTML5 environments with relative ease, whether you know Flash or not. After a quick introduction to simple animation building with Flash, you’ll learn how Wallaby helps you convert those animations into HTML5 code.
- Learn how to create a simple Flash animation, using Flash Professional CS5
- Become familiar with the Flash Library, Stage drawing canvas, and animation Timeline
- Take the right approach to building a complex Flash animation for HTML5
- Get performance tips to optimize animations for desktops and mobile devices
- Add interactivity to your HTML5 animation with jQuery
About the Author
Ian McLean is a Flash Platform enthusiast, speaker and technical writer who has been building enterprise applications for over 10 years. An expert in Flex and AIR Ian is also maintains a strong interest in emerging development tools, processes and practices. Ian has background in game development and masquerades as a producer and mastering engineer in his free time.
- Paperback: 62 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media (September 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449307132
- ISBN-13: 978-1449307134