“Mastering CSS” (eBook, 365 pages)
Are you stumped by the rather sophisticated nature of CSS? Getting a grip on this still dewy technology isn’t quite as hard as you might think. Connecting the dots is easier when you have all the vital facts within reach. And that’s what “Mastering CSS” is all about. This eBook offers 15 hand-picked articles that overflow with professional advice and that reflect the deep experience of the Smashing Magazine authors you trust — authors who know exactly what they’re writing about.
Stop hiding behind cross-browser compatibility issues, and launch a counterstrike. Tame those advanced CSS selectors; learn your way around CSS3 media queries; pioneer the field of CSS3 keyframe animations. Get in the game, and learn how to use advanced CSS typography, CSS3 pseudo-classes and modern CSS layouts, while devising back-up solutions for older browsers.
- Why We Should Start Using CSS3 and HTML5 Today
- CSS Three: Connecting the Dots
- Modern CSS Layouts: The Essential Characteristics
- Modern CSS Layouts, Part 2: The Essential Techniques
- How to Use CSS3 Pseudo-Classes
- Taming Advanced CSS Selectors
- !important CSS Declarations: How and When to Use Them
- An Introduction to CSS3 Keyframe Animations
- CSS Specificity and Inheritance
- How to Use CSS3 Media Queries
- Responsive Web Design: What It Is and How to Use It
- The Future of CSS: Experimental CSS Properties
- Technical Web Typography: Guidelines and Techniques
- Future of CSS Typography
- Using CSS3: Older Browsers and Common Considerations
It’s not always easy for Web developers to make the right decisions when having to choose the right solution. Either while building a complex Web application or even by improving a website, there are countless pre-built solutions available and picking one of them can be a burden sometimes. In this eBook we explain the most important issues that you should pay attention to by all means when selecting a solution, i.e. how stable, easy to customize, usable and accessible it is, whether it can be maintained in the future, what exactly is supported and how you can extend the functionalities on your own.
- Searchable Dynamic Content With AJAX Crawling
“Mastering jQuery” (eBook, 122 pages)
Special attention is also given to jQuery plugins, which help save time and streamline development as well as allow developers to avoid having to build every component from scratch. A good plugin saves countless development hours, whereas a bad plugin leads to bugs that must be fixed and so takes more of of your time than actually building the component from scratch. With the help of this eBook, you will get the best hints on how to choose which plugins are really worth considering for your projects and which ones you should avoid.
- Commonly Confused Bits Of jQuery
- Image Manipulation With jQuery And PHP GD
- Make Your Own Bookmarklets With jQuery
- jQuery Plugin Checklist: Should You Use That jQuery Plug-In?
- Essential jQuery Plugin Patterns
- Paperback: 365 + 142 +122 pages
- Publisher: Smashing Media GmbH (2011)
- Language: English