CMS Security Handbook
Learn to secure Web sites built on open source CMSs
Web sites built on Joomla!, WordPress, Drupal, or Plone face some unique security threats. If you’re responsible for one of them, this comprehensive security guide, the first of its kind, offers detailed guidance to help you prevent attacks, develop secure CMS-site operations, and restore your site if an attack does occur. You’ll learn a strong, foundational approach to CMS operations and security from an expert in the field.
- More and more Web sites are being built on open source CMSs, making them a popular target, thus making you vulnerable to new forms of attack
- This is the first comprehensive guide focused on securing the most common CMS platforms: Joomla!, WordPress, Drupal, and Plone
- Provides the tools for integrating the Web site into business operations, building a security protocol, and developing a disaster recovery plan
- Covers hosting, installation security issues, hardening servers against attack, establishing a contingency plan, patching processes, log review, hack recovery, wireless considerations, and infosec policy
CMS Security Handbook is an essential reference for anyone responsible for a Web site built on an open source CMS.
From the Back Cover
Protect your business. Protect your customers. Here’s how:
Websites built on open source Content Management Systems (CMSs) are uniquely vulnerable. If you are responsible for maintaining one, or if you are the executive or business owner in charge of approving IT budgets, you need to know what’s in this book. Here’s the lowdown on very real security threats, how attacks are carried out, what security measures you need to take, and how to compile a disaster recovery plan. Don’t wait. Your business may depend on the action you take.
- Learn what to look for in a hosting company
- Examine your website through the eyes of a hacker
- Explore the many tools that help you assess system vulnerabilities
- Discover ways to prevent problems before they start
- Know what steps you can take to protect your server from attack
- Create a workable disaster recovery plan
- Develop an IT security policy that can be implemented and followed
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Wiley (April 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470916214
- ISBN-13: 978-0470916216