Blender Game Engine: Beginner’s Guide
Blender Game Engine is the part of the Blender 3D editor used to create actual 3D video games. It’s the ideal entry level game development environment because you don’t even need to learn to program. Create a complete game using Bender’s innovative logic bricks.
“Blender Game Engine: Beginner’s Guide” is the ideal introduction to game development. Using only logic bricks, the reader will create a complete game in Blender. By the end of the book the reader will be able to use their skills to create their own 3D games.
What will you learn from this book
- How to control game characters
- Setting up a complete game level
- Creating spawn points for your player character
- Modify enemy behavior without needing to use scripts
- Set up collision detection and enemy AI
- Import freely available 3D game assets for use in your game
- How to master Blender’s logic editor
Create a complete game step by step with no previous experience necessary. Practical tutorials take you through the entire process from beginning to end.
Who this book is written for
If you have used Blender before but never got to grips with the Blender Game Engine (BGE), this book is for you. If you have tried and failed with other game development environments, or if scripting is not your strong point, this is where you should start.
- Paperback: 206 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (August 22, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849517029
- ISBN-13: 978-1849517027