Blender For Dummies, 2nd Edition
The exciting new book on the exciting new Blender 2.5!
If you want to design 3D animation, here’s your chance to jump in with both feet, free software, and a friendly guide at your side! Blender For Dummies, 2nd Edition is the perfect introduction to the popular, open-source, Blender 3D animation software, specifically the revolutionary new Blender 2.5. Find out what all the buzz is about with this easy-access guide. Even if you’re just beginning, you’ll learn all the Blender 2.5 ropes, get the latest tips, and soon start creating 3D animation that dazzles.
- Walks you through what you need to know to start creating eye-catching 3D animations with Blender 2.5, the latest update to the top open-source 3D animation program
- Shows you how to get the very most out of Blender 2.5’s new multi-window unblocking interface, new event system, and other exciting new features
- Covers how to create 3D objects with meshes, curves, surfaces, and 3D text; add color, texture, shades, reflections and transparency; set your objects in motion with animations and rigging; render your objects and animations; and create scenes with lighting and cameras
If you want to start creating your own 3D animations with Blender, Blender For Dummies, 2nd Edition is where you need to start!
From the Back Cover
Here’s something to get animated about — free 3D animation software and this fun and easy guide!
So you really want to explore 3D animation, but you can’t afford one of the high-end 3D graphics programs? Blender was made for you, and it’s free! And this book is even friendlier than the open source Blender community. It shows you just what you need to know to turn your ideas into cool movies or games, even if you’ve never used 3D software before.
- Think like Blender — get familiar with Blender’s novel way of doing things, especially the unique interface
- The basics — start creating 3D objects with meshes, curves, and surfaces, and use the Extrude tool
- Lights, colors, and scenes — learn to build detailed 3D models, create characters and props, and light your scenes
- Get moving — understand animation curves, rig characters for motion, use particles, and make objects bounce and jiggle
- From Blender to something bigger — see how to render your files and move them into a movie file format such as QuickTime
Open the book and find:
- Updates and new Blender features
- How to save time with hotkeys
- Ways to use Modifiers
- Tips on adding color and adjusting shader values
- All the options for adding texture
- How to build a character from skeleton to skin
- Basic animation principles
- Ten solutions to common problems that new users face
- Create realistic animations with this free, open source software
- Build 3D objects with meshes, curves, and surfaces
- Take advantage of the new interface and other features of Blender 2.56
- Install Blender 2.56a from the bonus DVD
- Paperback: 472 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 2nd Edition (May 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470584467
- ISBN-13: 978-0470584460