Beginning Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Development
Learn how LightSwitch can accelerate and simplify application development
As Microsoft’s newest offering for simplifying application development, LightSwitch opens the development door to creating applications without writing code. This introductory, full-color book shows you how to quickly create, modify, and distribute information for your business with LightSwitch. Packed with simple example programs, this beginner-level resource guides you through a complete small business application using LightSwitch to demonstrate the capabilities of this exciting new tool.
You’ll explore the most common application development issues that developers encounter on a daily basis and learn how LightSwitch makes them easier to handle with solutions that streamline application development without requiring code.
- Gets you started with Visual Studio LightSwitch, Microsoft’s newest offering for simplifying application development
- Shows you how to prepare a LightSwitch application and looks at the technologies behind a LightSwitch application
- Addresses working with simple data screens, working with master-detail data screens, and using exciting SQL server data
- Looks at deploying applications, using SharePoint 2010 lists, and extending Visual Studio LightSwitch
If you’re ready to simplify the application development process without writing a piece of code, then this is the book for you!
From the Back Cover
Accelerate and simplify application development with Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch
As Microsoft’s newest offering for speeding up and simplifying the process of application development, LightSwitch allows you to create applications without writing a single line of code. This full-color book presents you with a thorough introduction to LightSwitch, and then demonstrates how to use it to quickly create applications. As you become familiar with the various technologies that exist behind a LightSwitch application, you’ll acquire a better understanding of how the process works. In addition, sample programs help drive home the material covered in each chapter, while a guided tour of the creation of a small business application using LightSwitch serves to demonstrate the capabilities of this amazing tool.
Beginning Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Development:
- Details how to customize LightSwitch applications
- Escorts you through a LightSwitch application development life cycle
- Examines ways to work with simple data screens
- Shares techniques for working with master-detail data screens
- Walks you through using methods, buttons, and command bars
- Drills down essential information about authentication and access control
- Addresses Microsoft Office integration
- Paperback: 464 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (August 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118021959
- ISBN-13: 978-1118021958