- Use jQuery’s powerful tools to dynamically update content on your site, including DOM manipulation.
- Extend jQuery’s capabilities by writing your own plugins on top of the framework.
- Animate elements and build your own jQuery slider.
- Employ best practices and avoid common errors made by beginners.
What you’ll learn
- Learn why jQuery is so popular and how to get started.
- Use jQuery’s powerful manipulation tools to dynamically update your website’s content.
- Animate content and build your own image slider with jQuery’s animation tools.
- Extend the library by writing your own custom plug-ins.
- Avoid common beginner errors, and learn how to use best practices.
- Use plug-ins created by others in the community and integrate them into your website.
Who this book is for
Table of Contents
Chapter 2. The Basics of jQuery
Chapter 3. Traversing the DOM
Chapter 4. DOM Manipulation with jQuery
Chapter 5. An Introduction to Events
Chapter 6. More Events
Chapter 7. Animation
Chapter 8. Ajax with jQuery
Chapter 9. Writing a jQuery Plug-in
Chapter 10. More jQuery Plug-ins
Chapter 11. A jQuery Image Slider
- Paperback: 204 pages
- Publisher: Apress (February 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430249323
- ISBN-13: 978-1430249320