Beginning Flash, Flex, and AIR Development for Mobile Devices
Easily create cross-platform, standalone native applications for mobile devices using AIR
AIR allows you to develop the rich, creative, interactive media experiences for mobile applications. This easy-to-follow guide covers everything you need to know to create rich mobile applications using Adobe Flash Builder. Packed with examples, this book shows you how to build applications for mobile devices using a combination of ActionScript, the Flex framework and AIR. You’ll discover how these applications are able to run across multiple mobile and tablet devices, targeting Google Android, Apple iOS, and BlackBerry platforms. Plus, hands-on instructions detail how to leverage the unique hardware and software features that are available to each various device and platform.
- Serves an ideal starting point for learning to create rich, interactive applications for mobile devices
- Includes hands-on examples that demonstrate how to best use the variety of hardware and software features
- Escorts you through mobile app concept to completion with sample code and step-by-step instructions
- Discusses such topics as enabling multitouch; developing for multiple screen sizes; maintaining app data; and much more
Start building standalone mobile applications today with Beginning Flash, Flex, and AIR Development for Mobile Devices.
From the Back Cover
Create rich, interactive Flash-based mobile apps today
The release of a new lineup of mobile devices running Google Android, BlackBerry Tablet OS, and Apple iOS platforms requires an up-to-date resource for creating cross-platform native applications using Flash, Flex, AIR, and related tools. This full-color book satisfies that demand. Software developer Jermaine G. Anderson shows you how to use industry-leading software to create mobile content. As you become familiar with the Adobe Flex framework and the MXML components optimized for mobile devices, you’ll also learn how to utilize the Flash Player and AIR ActionScript 3.0 APIs. By the end of the book, you’ll be able to showcase mobile content across a range of mobile platforms.
Beginning Flash, Flex, and AIR Development for Mobile Devices:
- Introduces core ActionScript 3.0 principles and the Flex framework
- Details the necessary steps for building and packaging AIR applications for Google Android, BlackBerry Tablet OS, and Apple iOS platforms, using Adobe Flash Builder
- Guides you through best practices for creating content as well as debugging applications and error handling
- Shows you how to use CSS styles to automatically adapt content to different screen resolutions across multiple platforms
- Highlights multiple ways in which you can include sound and video in your mobile applications
- Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (October 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470948159
- ISBN-13: 978-0470948156